Wednesday 5 March 2014

MY DAYS IN COLLEGE (SGGS 26 CHD)


I still remember 11 August 2011, when I came to SGGS college post graduate degree in Economics. I want to admit in this college, because I listen from my friend that college equally supportive in academics and cultural activities (Bhangra), so that was the only reason behind my preference. I was late for admissions, so I approached the economics professor & Bhangra in charge Late Mr. K.S Virk for admission, and Principal H.S Sohi hesitantly said that I could be granted admission because of my 80% in economics and national achievements in Bhangra. Next day, I didn’t know what to expect. Teachers and non-teaching staff not only fulfilled my academic queries but also boost my confidence and encourage me to participate in youth festivals, Gurmat Vichar Sabha, NSS and other competitions, events. I was adjudged four times “Best Dancer” in youth Festivals zonal and Inter zonal level. I was also awarded Shaheed-E-Azam Bhagat Singh State Youth Award by Punjab Govt. and Swami Vivekananda Youth Award Gold Medal. I feel extremely proud and responsible on being the DR by fair student council elections.My efforts were rewarded and acknowledged by my college with the most coveted title “All Round Best Student of the year 2013” (col. Mehboob Singh running trophy).

I am grateful to our college which gave me such a wide and disciplined exposure for cultural activities also. This college taught me self confidence and made me star out of an ordinary student. I had the honor and privilege of studying from the teachers of Economics Department of the college. Whenever I look back at this journey my mind is filled up with the grueling struggle of this period and achievements behind it. This two years innings will alive fresh forever. I bow before the institute which has given me respect in the society and I pray to god for its prosperity and success.

No comments:

Post a Comment